Theory for Valentine's







Well I am now that the Holidays are officially over we are onto Valentine's planning! Do you guys usually do something special? I'd also Love for you to leave a comment and let me know your plans and what you would like to see here in the blog.



Brrrrrr! The weather has been cold in Miami... for the last two days. Don’t tell anyone, but I kind of like it! 

Anyhow …this weather called for a warm and tasty beverage! And because this temperatures are hard to see in Miami we are taking advantage of maybe the only two cold days we will see in our City.
Thinking of this nice weather we had  some hot chocolate and churros...



And I have to make two versions, the regular ones and of course Gluten Free Churros for my son who is allergic.


And don't forget the Hot Chocolate, here is the recipe



Homemade Hot Chocolate **Makes about 4 cups of hot chocolate

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups  milk (or other milk of choice if you want to make a dairy free version)
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder (we used hershey cacao powder)
  • 1/4 cup organic agave or cane sugar 
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon homemade vanilla extract
Instructions:
  • Place all ingredients into a medium sized saucepan, stir and heat on medium high for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.





For the heart we did heart shaped marshmallows and heart shaped whipped cream
This is how we did:
Spread whipped cream on a cookie sheet...


Then put in the freezer for 20 minutes.


and cut out heart with cookie cutters


Place in the hot chocolate and enjoy!!!




For tomorrow morning I am thinking on making this cinnamon rolls, just thinking about  the smell...Oh the smell!  The whole house will smell edible. Don't you want some now?
 
1,000 calories!!! I know... but... Yes! and I seriously love this shape cinnamon roll with a heart twist, don't you agree?


The recipe is from http://poppiesatplay.blogspot.com and I totally love it...






 I almost forgot... I totally recomend this app: MY 365, it's free and  I am having a blast with it, this app  chronicles my life, one day, and one picture at a time. The concept  is simple, add a photo to a calendar for each day of a year.






Credits:
1 www.weheartit.com
2 www.madewithpink.com
3 Ips Event Planners
http://poppiesatplay.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Sweet November said...

Can you share your GF churro recipe!? Love to have it!

Post a Comment